The first day of school is exciting, nerve-racking and exhausting. I can’t image how my kids must feel. The stress of new teachers, routines and expectations is hard. Each year I’ve put together a little treat to help remind them they are special and this school year will be the best one yet.
You Rule snack mix
I threw this treat together in just a few minutes. You don’t have to pour hours into creative and crafty projects. Simple is sometimes better. To make this treat I used:
- CD/DVD sleeves I bought on Amazon
- Snack mix-I bought M&Ms, Kix cereal, Cheez-Its and pretzel sticks
- I found this idea and the printable here
The latte cups were pretty simple and quick as well.
- 1 patterned piece of scrapbook paper-I chose polka dots
- pencils-I picked a couple colored ones
- Large suckers
- Candy to fill the cup-I used Laffy Taffy
- White shredded paper
- I used publisher make this labels. I’ve uploaded them here
- Drink cups-I bummed these off my favorite barista
My boys are headed back to school just after Labor Day this year and I plan to surprise them with a traditional milk and cookies after school snack. Check back in early September to see how it turned out.